Photo by @shwahall on Instagram.
Happy Saturday beautiful people! I feel like life has been going pretty okay at the moment, but even when things are going fine there can always be a few things that have the ability to get you down and allow yourself to think less positively.
Today I thought I would reflect and mention a few things I’m grateful for because they make me happy and it’s good to have a list to refer to when things aren’t going your way to remind you why life is so great. So without further ado, here are 20 things that make me happy.
- THIS. This is so important and I literally cannot stop smiling (and crying) when I read this. It’s a must-read.
- Dinosaurs! Not like the scary ones in Jurassic Park, but friendly looking dinosaurs. Like my adorable little planter over here on the right (Target it truly the best).
- Dunkin’ runs with my mama.
- The feeling you get when you walk into a bookstore or library (Which if you don’t read you won’t understand, but it’s amazing).
- Making my sister, Emily, laugh.
- Making my parents proud.
- When something goes right for my friends, whether it be something big or small, my heart is just so happy when things go right for them.
- Hugs when you need them most.
- Long conversations in a parked car.
- The smell of antique stores and the thrill of walking into a place filled with so many memories of the past.
- The excitement of listening to a record on vinyl for the first time, or better yet discovering a new favorite song on a new record.
- Writing things down on paper with my favorite pen. You may laugh, but I swear Y’all are really missing out if you don’t have a favorite pen because it’s a great little excitement when you have to write something down.
- Dance parties with Em! In the car, in the driveway, and in the kitchen! It’s the original dance party spot. You can occasionally join in one of our many dance parties on my Instagram story, so be sure to follow me!
- Reading comments and responses to posts I’ve written from you lovely people. It makes my day when I get feedback from you all! I love hearing from you!
- Thinking about the not-so-stressful parts about the future like traveling, college life, and how I hope my confidence, experience, blog, and social media presence, will have grown by then.
- Oversized sweaters and sweatshirts. If you think there is something comfier you are probably lying to yourself unless you went out and bought a snuggie or something. Sweatshirts are a socially acceptable blanket that you wear and keeps you warm, you feel me?
- Wearing an outfit that you love everything about and is the ideal image of “your style” and it makes you feel like a boss.
- Plants just plants being plants, taking artsy pictures of plants, being around plants . . . I think you get the idea.
- When you flip to a channel that is just magically playing one your favorite shows (Which for me is Psych or Murder She Wrote).
- When you give someone a compliment and you can tell it really made a difference to their day.
I hope you might consider making your own list of 20 things that make you happy as it is actually psychologically proven that writing these things down has the ability to make you happier and less stressed.
So tell me, what is something that makes you happy and/or grateful to be here? Let’s start a positive conversation.
Thanks for stopping by,