So today I am seventeen… that seems so much larger than sixteen. I can no longer say I feel like I never get older on my birthday because that’s just not true anymore.
Other than the fact I had to get a needle (correction: THREE needles) shoved into my arm today so there’s slightly less of a chance I will die of the flu or any other diseases this winter, today has been fantastic. Let’s review the highlights:
- MAROON 5’S NEW ALBUM DROPPED TODAY. Best. Birthday. Gift. Ever.
- Thor Ragnarok came out today. Can I get a “hell yeah” from my fellow Marvel fans? Didn’t get the chance to see it today, but can I still marvel (see what I did there) at the fact the movie came out on my birthday.
- I got to spend the evening with my family. We went out to dinner at O’Charley’s (they have the best rolls) and had an enjoyable evening.
- Mom already picked me up a copy of Maroon 5’s new album so I was super hype.
- I’m so pleased, surprised and grateful for everything I received for my birthday.
- I got Dunkin’ today. You know, I just had to redeem my free birthday drink.
- I got to feel like a cute, but badass chick in some new boots (one of the greatest feelings, am I right?).
- My friends all surprised me and brought me gifts to school, forcing me to flaunt the fact it was my birthday. It was so unnecessary and I felt so awkward, but I still love them (I got three boxes of mac n’ cheese, a cupcake and a few other cute but unnecessary things that made me smile).
- Hardly anybody managed to get on my nerves 🙂
Needless to say, my birthday was phenomenal and I’m so enormously grateful to have such wonderful people in my life who made sure the day was so great. I hope everyone else had a wonderful November 3rd.
Thanks for stopping by,
[ Check me out on Social Media ]