I know this is something a little different on my blog, but I decided, why not post it? So today I am sharing with you one of my favorite holiday recipes… candy cane pops! I love how easy these are to make. They make a crazy sweet treat or amazing hot cocoa stir sticks. Whichever way you decide to try, will be delicious.
What You’ll Need
+ White chocolate melts/chips and/or milk chocolate melts/chips
+ Mini candy canes
+ Cake pop sticks
+ Your favorite holiday sprinkles
+ Cookie sheet
+ Wax paper
+ Plastic wrap
- First, place your wax paper on top of your cookie sheet. This makes it easier to remove your pops from the tray when they’re done. *Tip: Use a large enough piece of wax paper to fold the ends under the tray so they can be taped to the bottom. It lessens the chance of them falling on the floor.
- Before you melt your chocolate, I recommend laying out your candy canes with the cake pop sticks in the middle. Just so when the chocolate is ready, you can hop right into it instead of letting it harden up while you lay it all out.
- Next, you’re going to want to melt your choice of chocolate. You can use whatever method works best for you, but I have the best luck with the stovetop method. Whenever I microwave chocolate I burn it. For the stovetop method, you hear a small amount of water in a pan and then sit either a glass or metal bowl on top of the water. I find this melts the chocolate a lot better and has a smoother consistency as well.
- Once your chocolate is melted, you’re going to take a spoon and start loading up the candy cane pops. I recommend starting by putting some chocolate at the bottom of the heart on the stick and candy cane and at the top where the two candy canes meet to help keep it from moving around while you’re filling it.
- Once you have filled the candy cane heart with your chocolate, grab your favorite sprinkles and shake them all over the top of them. That way when you put them in the fridge to harden, they won’t get all over your friend or yourself because you’re probably going to want to try these as well.
- Finally, once, you’ve got them all filled and decorated, you can pop them into the fridge to make sure they are good and solid before wrapping them up. They really don’t need to be in there for very long as this stuff works super quick, but I leave them in for about 10 minutes so I can start on another batch.
- Since you ever so cleverly placed these treats on wax paper, they should pop right off. All that’s left is to take your plastic wrap and wrap it around your candy cane pops. You can finish them off with some festive string and a gift tag, but that is entirely up to you.
I love making these treats every year for my friends and at this point its pretty much a tradition. If you decide to try it, let me know what you think!
What is your favorite holiday treat to share with friends and family?
Thanks for stopping by,